Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bowen's hospital stay....

He's so sweet, he felt sooo yucky, but he was still a charmer to the nurses!



Saturday morning Ayden and I took Bowen in to see the dr. for a nasty cold and possible ear infection. His ears were fine, but his oxygen levels were down and his lungs sounded YUCKY!! They gave him a breathing treatment in the office, didn't help. So the dr. sent us over to Mercy to be admitted, she thought he would be there for 2-3 days! Of course I got all teary(ya know me!) and Ayden told me I was being silly! So we went over and got him registered and went up to the room. I put a tiny little hospital gown on him. His levels were tested again and monitored the rest of the night. He had the influenza and RSV test done. Turns out he had RSV. He was put in isolation, no visitors(except for Josh), and I had to stay in the room, unless I was leaving. There were signs on the door and in the hallway, two doors down on each side. It was like he had a plague, it was crazy! The nurses had to cover up each time they came in, Bowen really studied them when they came in, I'm sure they looked funny to him! His oxygen levels were back to normal and stayed there the rest of the night! So he got to come home on Sunday. No 2-3 day stay, thank goodness, cause there was NO sleeping in there for him or I! He would just get to sleep and then he would be woken up again...poor little guy!




2 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

poor little guy! bronson had rsv once. and the dr let me take him home b/c he said he knew i would do a good job taking care of him. talk about a lot of pressure on me. i called the dr crying telling him that i didn't want that responsiblity. if something would have happened to him i would have felt terrible! he reassured me that i was a good mom and he wouldn't have sent him home had he not known what a good mom i was. whew! that is the one and only time i have ever heard a dr cuss with their patient in the room. when the test came back positive he said "dammit! that is not what i wanted to hear". bronson had lots of problems with his lungs when he was younger so something like that was something he did not need. we were at the drs office 45 minutes from here at least once a week for forever! he has outgrown it all now though. sorrry for the long comment. hope he doing better:)

michelle stratton said...

hey Bree!
he is doing much better! i'm glad Bronson outgrew his problems! i'm just ready for winter to leave and take all it's sicknesses with it!!